Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Day 7: Libya

   I woke up at 9:00 feeling very happy. I went downstairs and had breakfast. During the time when I was eating , I was thinking what my agenda would be for the day. This is what I came up with:

11:00 Tripoli Zoo
14:00 Temple of Zeus, Olympia
16:00 Museum of Libya

   After I ate breakfast I got ready to go to the zoo. I was very excited to see all the animals! When I got there, there were alot of people. But waiting in line didn´t even take that long. The service there was fast. They had all the animals you coulg think of there! It was amazing. They were all so cute!

 I also learned something about animals living in Libya there. Libya´s national animal is the Arabian eagle. Other typical animals of Libya include: camels, barbary sheep, fennec desert foxes, exotic tortoises, and many lizards and snakes.

Arabian Eagle
Camel
  
Barbary Sheep

Fennec Desert Fox
Exotic Tortoise

Green Lizard

Snake     

  
   After the visit at the zoo I went for a visit at the Temple of Zeus. The temple is in Cyrene, present-day Libya. It is very old and important. It was spectacular! It was very interesting to see how the temple was built and to see the architecture of the building.

   Next it was time to go to The Museum of Libya. It opened in 2010 which means it is quite modern. Actually it is very modern because they have incredible technology! They have a screen where you can watch videos about the exhibition. But the cool thing about the screen is that it floats in the air. It´s a fog screen. People can walk through it without getting wet! The museum was interesting but probably not the highlight of the day. At the museum they had very nice sculptures and statues.





   After the interesting visit at the museum I went to a restaurant near my hotel, but I only got a salad because I wasn´t that hungry. When I got to the hotel I went for a swim in the hotels swimming pool. It was refreshing and fun. After that I took a shower and went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment